The next South African National Jamboree “Sanjamb” will be held in December 2021. The provisional dates are the 15th to the 23rd December.
We are calling on all members to consider and recommend a suitable venue for this signature event. Our overall objective for Sanjamb, is to provide youth members with the opportunity to experience the ‘brotherhood of Scouting’ through a local Jamboree, which is more accessible and cost effective than international options.
When proposing a venue, please bear in mind the following parameters which have been set for Sanjamb 2021;
- Provision for 1500 to 3000 Scouts and Adult leaders.
- A site that offers proper camping, with adequate ablution facilities. Where possible, Scout properties should be utilized to support the ongoing sustainability of these sites.
- Patrol based camping and cooking for participants.
- Central catering for staff members, unless they can be catered for on rotation with Troops.
- A wide variety of Scouting and adventure type activities, which are aligned with the Scout Programme and balanced with increasing awareness around key WOSM initiatives like ‘Scouts for SDG’s.
- Proximity to a large lake or dam, so that a variety of water activities can also be provided.
- At least one highlight evening entertainment event, i.e. live band, laser light show etc.
- Consideration of how to include / fund underprivileged Scouts to make the event as inclusive and representative as possible.
- Utilize Scouts.Digital as the base information system to manage the event, and the Sanjamb web page on the SCOUTS SA national site, where information updates and promotional materials will be made available.
If you wish to propose a venue, please download ‘Venue Checklist’ here and provide as much information as possible to the respective questions. A draft budget can be found here. This will give an indication as to the affordability of your proposed venue.
Completed proposals are to be sent to Gavin Penkin, email@example.com, with a copy to your respective Regional Commissioner by the 29th February 2020.
A small team will then review and evaluate all the proposals received and make a final selection of the venue. Once the venue announcement has been communicated, the task of appointing the organizing committee will commence.
#SCOUTSSA #Skills4Life #Sanjamb #Scouts #Scouting #adventure